1. Your 3-day Local Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 25. Expect a northwest wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Tuesday night will be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 14. Expect a west wind 5 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- New Year's Day will be mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Expect a west wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Expect a calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight. There is a 30 percent chance of snow.
- Thursday will be cloudy, with a high near 19. There is a 60 percent chance of snow.
- Thursday night will be cloudy, with a low around 9. There is a 70 percent chance of snow.
3. It's Happening Today: Celebrate the new year a little early at the Wilmington Memorial Library on Tuesday, Dec. 31 at 11 a.m. First, make some yummy snacks, and then ring in the new year at noon. Find out about registration requirements here.
4. Top News in 2013: A Wilmington hiker who was lost and spent a night in freezing conditions in the White Mountains, the closing of Focaccia's and the robbery of the Dunkin' Donuts on Lowell Street were among the most read stories on Wilmington Patch in 2014. Check out more of our most read stories of 2013 here.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, check out our map and find out where to get a flu shot in Wilmington.