Wilmington's Social Media Saturday
A wrap up of the week in Facebook and Twitter on Wilmington Patch.
Here at Wilmington Patch, social media is a big deal.
Social media is one way we interact with you, answer your questions and get to see what's on your mind. Social Media Saturday is a new weekly feature where we highlight your questions and thoughts you've shared on Facebook and other media throughout the past week.
We'll also point you to some new and interesting pages you may not have known about before.
Overheard on Facebook
Here is a sampling of comments and happenings on our Facebook page and the social media world from the past week:
- Thanks to you, the Wilmington Patch Facebook page now has 633 followers as of today. Next up, let's keep moving on up and hit 700 next!
- When we asked if drugs are a problem in Wilmington, we had two interesting responses on our Facebook page. Mary Winnett Giroux wrote, Yes, they are a problem everywhere,” while Joan Griffin LeBlanc responded, “Happy to report: They are not as bad as Reading and Woburn!”
- Asked what the best organization was to give back to in town, Brandy King told us, “The MOMS Club is awesome!”
- On Tuesday, we asked you when the right time was to take away the sippy cup. Donna Pergola Botte told us, “Mine is almost two, but she still hasn’t quite mastered drinking without one.”
- On Friday, over on Twitter, we wrote about Whiz Kid Matt Palermo, which prompted this response from @Teofilo_Pereira: “@WilmingtonPatch great kid! This is why I choose this town to raise my son! Good character throughout!”
- Meanwhile, @ah4getaboutit was a little frustrated regarding his yard saying, “Thanks to the Town of Wilmington's water restrictions, my lawn is dead yet again. @WilmingtonPatch”
Social Media page of the week
- Now is a great time to check out the Wilmington Farmers Market and you can learn more about it at the Faecbook page.
Your town on Facebook