Saturday is a Social Media One
Check out our wrap up of the week on Facebook.
Here at Wilmington Patch , social media is a big deal.
Social media is one way we interact with you, answer your questions and get to see what's on your mind. Social Media Saturday is a new weekly feature where we highlight your questions and thoughts you've shared on Facebook and other media throughout the past week.
We'll also point you to some new and interesting pages you may not have known about before.
Overheard on Facebook
Here is a sampling of comments and happenings on our Facebook page and the social media world from the past week:
- Wilmington Patch's Facebook Page continues inching towards 1,000 fans. Last week we had 759 followers, and we added 10 new readers to our total since last week to move on up to 769. Keep spreading the word so we can reach our goal of 1,000.
- Fall temperatures rolled into Wilmington last week, and we asked our readers if they like the cooler temps, or if they miss the heat of summer. It was a bit of a toss up. A total of 10 readers said they miss summer, while seven followers said they like the cool down.
- Christine MacKenzie's latest Life in the Mom Lane column she addressed the issue of helping children balance their social life with homework requirements. So how do our readers handle the issue? "TV off, PC off, music off, pencil in hand, nose to the book, stop whining and do your homework," said Jeffrey J. Howland.
- We wanted to know on Wednesday what our followers thought would happen in the field hockey team's match up with powerhouse Watertown. Though two voters thought the Wildcats would continue its hot start, it was actually the visitors who came away with the win.
- Mikey Murphy is one popular guy. We posted Thursday about the Wilmington teenager collapsed over the summer and remains hospitalized. There was a fundraiser Friday night, and when we told Facebookers about it, 8 people "Liked" the post.
Social Media page of the week
- Wilmington Patch isn't the only place to learn about everything that's happening in your hometown. Be sure to become a fan of the Wilmington on Facebook to see what other residents have to say.
Your town on Facebook