Girls Basketball Thumps Chelsea, Advances to Quarterfinals
Wilmington High School blew out visiting Chelsea, 65-28, in the opening round of the playoffs to move on to a Sunday tilt.
The Wilmington High School girls basketball team made itself right at home at Shawsheen Tech.
Playing its playoff opener in Billerica due to the gym demolition, the Lady Wildcats jumped on Chelsea early and often and cruised to a 65-28 victory in the North Division 2 first round.
Hot shooting to start the game helped the locals score more in the first half than Chelsea did in the entire game. Michelle Woods and Alex Derian had 12 points apiece to lead the way for the Wildcats.
Thanks to the win, Wilmington will face either No. 5 Danvers or No. 12 Gloucester in the quarterfinal round on Sunday. The Wildcats will host the game at 4 p.m., though the location has yet to be determined.
Are you a big fan of the Wildcats? You'll also want to see:
- Wildcats 'Learn How to Win' Under Coach Jay Keane
- Video Highlights From a Playoff Hockey Victory
- Wilmington Boys Hockey Opens With Ugly Playoff Win
- Playoff Brackets Revealed for Wildcat Teams
- Late DiNatale Goal Sparks Wildcats to Rivalry Win
- Lady Wildcat Seniors Honored Before Key Win
- Despite Early Season Stumbles, Wildcats Postseason Bound