Five Things You Need to Know Today, September 7
Wilmington football holds its season opener under the lights of Alumni Stadium.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Wilmington closes out the week with some warm weather. According to Weather.com, temperatures will climb to 86° on Friday. There is just a 10 percent chance of rain on the day and skies will be sunny, though some clouds will be mixed in.
2. Are you ready for some football? Among the Wilmington sporting events on Friday is the season opener for the football team, which welcomes Arlington to Alumni Stadium at 7 p.m. The girls volleyball team is also in action, hosting Woburn at 4 p.m.
3. Thursday was a busy news day in town. In addition to the latest police log that included multiple arrests, our coverage also included the news that Wilmington recently discovered a positive West Nile Virus mosquito that forced a new round of spraying.
4. What do you want to see on Wilmington Patch? Whether you have a news tip, a story idea, or just a way that we can improve the site, we want to hear from you. All you have to do is e-mail your thoughts to Local Editor Matt Schooley.
5. We need your help bringing our Facebook total to 1,600 and beyond. We now have an impressive 1,577 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We're also up to 980 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!