Five Things You Need to Know Today, September 6
Sports, a meeting and a library event are all slated for a busy Thursday in Wilmington.
Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. September is here, but summer is still lingering in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures are expected to climb to 82° on Thursday. There is just a 20 percent chance of rain on the day as skies will be partly cloudy throughout.
2. After the first batch of varsity games on Wednesday, fall sports continue on Thursday. The golf team is set to host a match against Winchester at 3:30 p.m. while the field hockey team welcomes Woburn to town at 6 p.m.
3. One local board is in action on Thursday in town. The Recreation Commission is slated for a meeting at 5 p.m. inside Town Hall, Room 8.
4. Wilmington youths will have the chance to show their creative side this afternoon. Wilmington Memorial Library hosts LEGO Building beginning at 3:45 p.m.
5. We need your help bringing our Facebook total to 1,600 and beyond. We now have an impressive 1,572 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We're also up to 977 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!