Five Things You Need to Know Today, September 4
A pair of local boards meet on a cloudy Tuesday in Wilmington.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. After a long weekend, conditions will be a bit gloomy as much of Wilmington returns to school and work. According to Weather.com, temperatures will only hit 75° on Tuesday as some ran and clouds are likely. Ther is a 60 percent chance of rain showers throughout the day.
2. A pair of Wilmington boards are set to meet on Tuesday night. The Board of Health is up first with a meeting set for 5:30 p.m. before the Planning Board gets to work at 7:30 p.m. Both sessions are slated to take place in Town Hall, Room 9.
3. Did you miss anything over the weekend? Be sure to catch up today! On Saturday we brought you a recap of a busy month of police action in addition to looking at the top headlines near Wilmington from the last week. Then on Sunday we brought you the latest police logs before we introduced you to the town's newest business, Heav'nly Donuts, on Monday.
4. What do you want to see on Wilmington Patch? Whether you have a news tip, a story idea, or just a way that we can improve the site, we want to hear from you. All you have to do is e-mail your thoughts to Local Editor Matt Schooley.
5. We need your help bringing our Facebook total to 1,600 and beyond. We now have an impressive 1,570 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We're also up to 968 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!