Five Things You Need to Know Today, September 24
Jam packed Board of Selectmen meeting slated for Monday night.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Fall has officially arrived, and the week kicks off with a perfect autumn day. According to Weather.com, temperatures will settle in at a comfortable 67° on Monday. There is a zero percent chance of rain on the day and skies will be mainly sunny throughout.
2. Selectmen have their first chance to say goodbye to a community staple on Monday. The meeting, which takes place in Room 9 of Town Hall at 7 p.m., is the final Board of Selectmen session for Caira, who retires after this week. In addition, selectmen will officially approve Jeff Hull's contract and hold a public hearing on the construction at the intersection fo Glen Road, Middlesex Ave. and Wildwood Street.
3. It's a busy day of sports with most Wildcat teams on the road. The boys soccer team is the only team playing at home, hosting Wakefield at 6 p.m. Meanwhile, the boys golf team and field hockey team travel to Melrose at 3:30 p.m., and the volleyball team hits the road to play Hamilton/Wenham at 5:30 p.m.
4. Did you miss any Patch coverage this weekend? Be sure to catch up on News Nearby, the debut of Wilmington Home of the Week, coverage of the opening of the Brown Street/Whipple Road bridge and the latest Wilmington police log.
5. We've now met two social media goals, so let's move towards the next pair. We now have an impressive 1,613 Facebook fans as we moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!