Five Things You Need to Know Today, September 18
The Board of Health has a meeting scheduled for 5:30 p.m.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The string of sunshine in Wilmington may come to an end on Tuesday. According to Weather.com, temperatures will only hit 71° on the day with a 60 percent chance of rain. There will be considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers on Tuesday.
2. In case you missed it, Patch launched its weeklong series on drug use in Wilmington on Monday. During the opening article, town officials and Police Chief Michael Begonis acknowledged that there has been an uptick in drug issues in Wilmington. Check back on Tuesday for part two of the series, and if you miss any of our five stories, you can find them throughout the week on the Wilmington Drug Use Series topic page.
3. One local board is in action on Tuesday in Wilmington. The Board of Health is set for a meeting at 5:30 p.m. inside Town Hall, Room 9. Among the items on the agenda is discussion for a Subway sandwich stop at the address that matches Sonny's Mobil on the Run.
4. Tuesday is the busiest day of the week for the Wildcats. The golf team plays Reading at home beginning at 3:30 p.m., the cross country teams are in action at 3:45 p.m. on their own home course, the girls soccer team hosts Watertown at 3:45 p.m. and the field hockey team caps action at 6 p.m. versus Stoneham. In addition the boys soccer team hits the road and takes on Watertown at 3:45 p.m.
5. Our next social media milestones are within reach, and we need your help! We now have an impressive 1,596 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We're also up to 990 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!