Five Things You Need to Know Today, September 17
The golf and volleyball teams are in action on Monday in Wilmington.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The week gets off on the right foot with plenty of sunshine on Monday. According to Weather.com, temperatures will reach a comfortable 77° on the day. There will be sunny skies with almost no clouds throughout the day, and there is a zero percent chance of rain to kick off the week.
2. A pair of Wilmington teams are at home today. First at 3:30 p.m. the gold team welcomes Watertown to its home course. Then at 5:30 p.m., the girls volleyball team welcomes Masconomet to town. The field hockey team is on the road, traveling to play Ipswich at 3:45 p.m.
3. The library is hosting two events on Monday in town. At 6:45 p.m., Wilmington Memorial Library welcomes youngsters to participate in a PJ Storytime. For the adults in town, the library offers a class on Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 beginning at 7 p.m.
4. Did you miss any Patch coverage this weekend? In addition to News Nearby and an update on how the NHL lockout impacts Wilmington we also provided coverage of a dangerous car accident on I-93 as well as the latest Wilmington police log.
5. We need your help bringing our Facebook total to 1,600 and beyond. We now have an impressive 1,594 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We're also up to 991 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!