Five Things You Need to Know Today, September 13
The girls soccer team holds a breast cancer fundraiser on Thursday at Alumni Stadium.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Warm, sunny conditions will be back in the area on Thursday. According to Weather.com, temperatures will climb to 83° on the day as the weekend gets closer. There is a zero percent chance of rain on the day and skies will be mainly sunny.
2. Thursday is a busy day for Wildcat teams. The golf team hits the links at 3:30 p.m. in Amesbury, the field hockey team travels to Reading at 3:30 p.m., the cross country teams are in Woburn at 3:45 p.m. and the boys soccer team travels to Stoneham at 3:45 p.m. The girls soccer team, meanwhile, hits Alumni Stadium to host Stoneham at 6 p.m.
3. There will be some fowl play at the library tonight. Wilmington resident Amanda Munsie from Bountiful Basket Farm and Wilmington’s 2011 Farmer’s Market manager, will go over the basics of raising chickens at home. The session begins at 7 p.m. inside Wilmington Memorial Library.
4. The girls soccer team's games Thursday will have a special twist. The evening at Alumni Stadium will serve as "Kick Breast Cancer," with the teams wearing pink jerseys and raising money for the Massachusetts affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Donations can be made at the game, and there will also be a 50-50 raffle and bake sale.
5. We need your help bringing our Facebook total to 1,600 and beyond. We now have an impressive 1,591 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We're also up to 986 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!