Five Things You Need to Know Today, September 12
School Committee set for Wednesday night meeting inside Wilmington High School.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Temperatures will be a bit warmer on Wednesday than in recent days. According to Weather.com, temperatures will slimb back up to 80° on Wednesday in Wilmington. There is a zero percent chance of rain on the day and there will be plentiful sunshine throughout.
2. A pair of local boards are set to meet tonight in Wilmington. First the School Committee holds its regular meeting inside the Wilmington High School library, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Then at 7 p.m., the Board of Appeals meets inside Town Hall, Room 9.
3. Just one Wilmington varsity team is in action today. The girls volleyball team hits the road to take on Reading. Wednesday's match is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m.
4. Did you miss anything on Tuesday? First the day on Patch started off with the latest Wilmington police log, then we brought you a look at what town officials recalled about September 11, 2001. Later in the day came the breaking news that contract talks are completed with new Town Manager Jeff Hull, and finally we brought you a recap of the previous night's Board of Selectmen meeting.
5. We need your help bringing our Facebook total to 1,600 and beyond. We now have an impressive 1,589 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We're also up to 984 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!