Five Things You Need to Know Today, September 10
The Board of Selectmen holds its first September meeting inside Town Hall.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. It's beginning to feel a bit more like fall in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will level out at a comfortable 71° on Monday. Skies will be mainly sunny on the day, and there is a zero percent chance of rain to kick off the week.
2. The Board of Selectmen will be busy to start the week with their first September meeting. Members are slated to gather at 7 p.m. inside Town Hall, Room 9, and it is possible they will finalize the contract of soon to be Town Manager Jeff Hull during the session.
3. Just one Wildcat team is in action this afternoon, and it's out of town. The girls volleyball team is set to take on Lexington beginning at 4 p.m. on the road. In case you missed any of our Wildcat coverage so far, you can catch up on the football season opener and a preview of the girls soccer season.
4. Big Band music will be in the air at the library. Join well-known WBZ radio personality, author, and humorist Mel Simons as he presents Big Bands with Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman, and others during the event at Wilmington Memorial Library. The afternoon kicks off at 1 p.m.
5. We need your help bringing our Facebook total to 1,600 and beyond. We now have an impressive 1,584 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We're also up to 982 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!