Five Things You Need to Know Today, October 4
Thursday marks the first meeting of the Yentile Farm Development Committee.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Thursday will likely be a wet one in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will only reach 63° on the day. There is a 70 percent chance of rain on the day with dense fog likely in the morning before drizzles turn into steadier rain in the afternoon.
2. The development of Yentile Farm will be front and center on Thursday night. The Yentile Farm Development Committee holds its first meeting beginning at 7 p.m. in Town Hall, Room 9. The Recreation Committee is also in action on Thursday, meeting at 5 p.m. in Town Hall, Room 8.
3. Thursday is a busy day for Wilmington sports teams. The field hockey team plays Belmont at home beginning at 3:45 p.m. and the boys soccer team hosts Arlington at 3:45 p.m. The girls soccer team, meanwhile, is on the road for a 3:45 p.m. tilt versus Arlington.
4. The library hosts a pair of events on Thursday. First at 3:45 p.m. the always popular LEGO Building activity takes place at Wilmington Memorial Library. Then at 7 p.m., Mike Lowe leads a program called the JFK Experience.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,627 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!