Five Things You Need to Know Today, October 30
Hurricane Sandy's remnants remain in Wilmington on Tuesday.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The hurricane may be gone, but the poor conditions remain in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will spike up to 67° on the day, but there is a 90 percent chance of rain on Tuesday. Showers and thundershowers are likely on the day.
2. No one covered the impact of Hurricane Sandy in Wilmington like Patch. In case you missed it, be sure to head over to our Hurricane Sandy topic page, and check out our info center as well for everything from a busy news day. And check back today for more on the storm.
3. Though trees came down throughout Wilmington, there was just one injury to report. An unidentified man was driving on Shawsheen Ave. when a large pine tree fell and landed on his truck, bringing down six utility polls with it. The man was transported to a local hospital with injuries to his legs.
4. We didn't forget about the Horribles Parade, don't worry! We started Monday with a video from the annual event, but held off on posting our photo gallery until Tuesday because of Hurricane Sandy. So check back to see photos of the fun day at Wilmington High School.
5. Hurricane Sandy brought out an impressive social media showing. From the time the storm began to the end of Monday, Wilmington Patch added 107 new followers to our Facebook fan base, bringing our total to 1,795. On Twitter, we added more than 50 new followers and are now up to 1,129. Thanks for your support during the storm, Wilmington!