Five Things You Need to Know Today, October 3
The Conservation Commission is set to meet with members of Target to discuss their Notice of Intent on Wednesday.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Wednesday morning starts off with a bit of fog. According to Weather.com, patchy fog could make for difficult driving during the morning commute. Temperatures will reach 68° on the day while there is a 30 percent chance of rain on the day. Skies will be cloudy with the occasional drizzle, with the highest chance in the morning hours.
2. Just one Wilmington team is at home on Wednesday. The girls volleyball team welcomes Burlington to town with the JV match at 4 p.m. and the varsity taking the court at 5:30 p.m. The golf team is the other group of Wildcats in action, travelling to Belmont at 3:30 p.m.
3. One group of local officials holds a meeting tonight. The Conservation Commission is set to hold its regular meeting at 7 p.m. inside Town Hall, Room 9, with conversations that will include a public hearing on the Notice of Intent for Target's property at 210 Ballardvale Street.
4. Do you have a news tip or something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? If so all you have to do is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley, and in many cases you can also upload your own information to the site with an announcement or event.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,625 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!