Five Things You Need to Know Today, October 29
Hurricane Sandy arrives as the week kicks off in Wilmington.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. As the week starts, it's likely that Sandy will be paying a visit to Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will spike to 58° on Monday as Hurricane Sandy's impact will be felt in the Boston area. Wilmington is under a high wind warning from Monday at 6 a.m. until Tuesday at 6 a.m. with winds possibly reaching greater than 50 MPH. There is a 90 percent chance of rain on the day.
2. With Sandy's arrival, there will likely be weather news to report. You can find in depth local coverage on Wilmington Patch. Visit our Hurricane Sandy info center throughout the storm, and you can share your own experiences in the comments section or on Facebook and Twitter. We've also got a Hurricane Sandy topic page that brings all of our articles into one place.
3. Did you miss anything this weekend? It's time to catch up. We brought you the latest Wilmington police log, the area's top headlines with News Nearby, and also a preview of Sunday's Horribles Parade.
4. Even before the storm started, Sandy's impact was felt in Wilmington. The boys soccer team polished off a successful regular season with a 5-0 home win against Tewksbury on Sunday in a game that was originally scheduled for Monday but was moved because of the expected conditions. Next up for the Wildcats - the postseason.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,685 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!