Five Things You Need to Know Today, October 25
The Wilmington field hockey team hosts Lowell on Thursday night.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Wilmington residents can expect sunny skies on Thursday as the weekend begins to approach. According to Weather.com, temperatures are set to reach about 63° midweek to go along with mostly sunny skies. There is a zero percent chance of rain on the day as some afternoon clouds are possible.
2. Just one varsity team is in action on Thursday. The playoff bound field hockey team hosts Lowell under the lights. The tilt begins at 6 p.m. inside Alumni Stadium
3. On Wednesday we highlighted three local teams who are enjoying major success. The boys and girls soccer team each clinched Middlesex League crowns with Monday wins, while one of our Patch bloggers also brought you a recap of the Wilmington Pop Warner C team, which is one win from an undefeated regular season after clinching its own league title.
4. Do you have a news tip or something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? If so all you have to do is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley, and in many cases you can also upload your own information to the site with an announcement or event.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,673 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!