Five Things You Need to Know Today, October 18
A pair of meetings and high school sports are on the docket for Thursday.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Thursday arrives in Wilmington, and it brings plenty of sunshine with it. According to Weather.com, temperatures will reach 64° on the day to go along with a zero percent chance of rain on the day. Skies will by mainly sunny and there will be a gentle breeze of 5 to 10 MPH.
2. Several Wilmington teams are in action on Thursday. The field hockey team hopes to bounce back from a loss to a top notch Watertown foe when the Lady Wildcats host Melrose at 3:30 p.m. The girls soccer team, meanwhile, hits its home pitch at 6 p.m. against the same foe. The boys soccer team is on the road at 3:45 p.m., traveling to take on Melrose.
3. Two local boards hold Thursday meetings. The Elderly Services Commission meets at 1:30 p.m. at the Buzzell Senior Center before the Water and Sewer Commission is in action at 5 p.m. in Town Hall, Room 9.
4. Do you have a news tip or something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? If so all you have to do is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley, and in many cases you can also upload your own information to the site with an announcement or event.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,663 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!