Five Things You Need to Know Today, October 16
A busy day of sports is set for a grey and windy Wilmington day.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Conditions in Wilmington are expected to be a bit windy on Tuesday. According to Weather.com, temperatures will settle in at 55° on the day to go along with a 20 percent chance of rain. Skies will be partly cloudy and winds will reach between 20 and 30 MPH.
2. Tuesday is a busy day for Wildcat teams. The boys and girls cross country teams are at home against Wakefield at 3:45 p.m. while the boys soccer team seeks a second straight win as they host Watertown at 3:45 p.m. The golf team plays Woburn at 3:30 p.m., the girls soccer team is in Watertown at 3:45 p.m. and the field hockey team travels to take on Watertown at 6 p.m.
3. Just one local board holds a meeting on Tuesday. The Board of Health meets at 5:30 p.m. tonight. The session is slated to take place inside Town Hall, Room 9.
4. Do you have a news tip or something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? If so all you have to do is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley, and in many cases you can also upload your own information to the site with an announcement or event.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,648 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!