Five Things You Need to Know Today, October 12
The week closes out with volleyball and a library event in Wilmington.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Temperatures will be cool on Friday as the weekend arrives. According to Weather.com, temperatures will only hit 52° on the day in Wilmington. Skies will be cloudy throughout with a few showers possible. There is a 30 percent chance of rain to start the weekend.
2. There's just one Wildcat team playing at home on Friday. The girls volleyball team welcomes Winchester to town, playing in a 4 p.m. match. The field hockey team, meanwhile is on the road for a 3:30 p.m. tilt in Stoneham while the football team takes on a tough Wakefield opponent at 7 p.m. on the road.
3. Local teens can find out how to crack the code today at the library. Scratch, MIT’s creation tool and programming language, makes it easy to collaborate with friends or work independently to create games, music, video, and more, even if you’ve never even seen a line of code. Find out how with the first of a two part series at Wilmington Memorial Library at 3 p.m.
4. Do you have a news tip or something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? If so all you have to do is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley, and in many cases you can also upload your own information to the site with an announcement or event.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,646 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!