Five Things You Need to Know Today, October 10
The School Committee meets and the field hockey team holds a game for a cause.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Some sunshine is likely to come to the area on Wednesday in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will reach 60° on the day to go with a 20 percent chance of precipitation. Cloudy skies early in the day will become partly cloudy with afternoon sunshine.
2. A pair of Wilmington sports teams are busy this afternoon and evening. The volleyball team travels to take on Arlington in a 4 p.m. match while the field hockey team is the only home squad, hosting Winchester at 6 p.m. at Alumni Stadium.
3. The Wildcats' home tilt Wednesday has a special twist. The field hockey team is holding a Breast Cancer Awareness game, similar to the ones held by the boys hockey and girls soccer teams this year, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
4. While the Board of Selectmen was in action Tuesday, it's the School Committee's turn on Wednesday. The board holds its reguarly scheduled meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m. inside the Wilmington High School library.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,644 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!