Five Things You Need to Know Today, November 28
Substance Abuse Awareness Night is slated for 7 p.m. at Wilmington Middle School on Wednesday night.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The small amount of snow that moved into the area on Tuesday is expected to be gone on Wednesday. According to Weather.com, temperatures will settle in at 40° on the day. There is just a 20 percent chance of rain on the day as skies will be mostly cloudy.
2. Tonight is an important night for the Wilmington community. A variety of groups led by the Wilmington Subtance Abuse Coalition hosts Substance Abuse Awareness Night tonight at 7 p.m. inside Wilmington Middle School. There will be several speakers who will share their personal experiences, and there will also be resources available for those in attendance to speak with privately. Check back on Thursday for complete coverage.
3. The library event scheduled for Wednesday afternoon has been cancelled. Wilmington Memorial Library was slated to hold Crafty Teens: Pixel Art, but it will not take place as planned.
4. Did you miss any Board of Selectmen coverage? During Monday's meeting, the new owner of Main Street Liquors said he plans on helping boost the store's struggling sales numbers. Principal Assessor Skip Moynihan also spoke about the tax rate, which increased by 9.5 percent this year.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,881 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,255 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!