Five Things You Need to Know Today, November 21
Just one day remains before Thanksgiving, and it'll be another mild fall day in Wilmington.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Conditions will continue to stay dry as Thanksgiving approaches. According to Weather.com, temperatures will peak at 49° on Wednesday with Turkey Day just around the corner. There is only a 20 percent chance of rain on the day while skies will be mostly cloudy.
2. Have shopping to do before Thanksgiving? Better get it done today. Nearly every business in Wilmington is closed on Thursday. We'll have a thorough list of what's open and closed on the site later today, so be sure to check back then.
3. Don't forget to head to Alumni Stadium on Thursday. The annual Thanksgiving Day tilt between Wilmington and Tewksbury is scheduled for tomorrow at 10 a.m. at Wilmington High School, so come out and show your support before you munch on some turkey. Can't make the game? We'll have a quick update on the site Thursday afternoon followed by complete coverage on Friday.
4. Can you tweet? Then you can help. Patch is going to donate $1 to Hurricane Sandy victims for every tweet sent using the hashtag #PatchRebuilds, up to $125,000. So be sure to get on Twitter and do your part to help, and at no cost to you.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,872 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,244 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!