Five Things You Need to Know Today, November 2
The Wilmington football team hits the road on Friday night playing in Watertown.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The rain should hold off to close the week in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will hit 56° on the day. There is just a 20 percent chance of rain on Friday as a mix of sun and clouds in the morning will turn into cloudy skies with an outside chance of rain.
2. Just one Wilmington team is in action on Friday. The football team looks to rebound from a rough lost last week with its final road tilt of the season. The Wildcats travel to face Watertown at 7 p.m. on Friday. Then they'll host Burlington next week before closing out with a Thanksgiving Day game against Tewksbury.
3. Halloween may be over, but there's still time to enjoy Trick or Treating fun. Upload photos of yourself, your pets or your kids into our Halloween gallery to share all your fun with your neighbors.
4. Sunday is a big day for two Wilmington soccer league champions. The Lady Wildcats open the postseason with a 4 p.m. tilt against Marblehead. Then at 6 p.m. the boys soccer team plays its playoff opener against the winner of a Marblehead vs. Reading prelimary round. Both games will take place at Alumni Stadium.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Following a strong week, we're now up to 1,838 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,148 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!