Five Things You Need to Know Today, November 14
The Wilmington School Committee meets on Wednesday night at Wilmington High School.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. After some rain on Tuesday, things should be a bit sunnier on Wednesday in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will settle in at 48° on the day. There is a zero percent chance of rain and skies will be mainly sunny.
2. Two local boards are in action tonight in town. The Board of Appeals holds a meeting at 7 p.m. inside Town Hall, Room 9, while the School Committee gathers at 7 p.m. in the Wilmington High School library.
3. It was a historic season, but the girls soccer campaign came to a close on Monday. The Lady Wildcats throttled Belmont in the scoring chances category, but they couldn't find the back of the net and lost, 1-0, in the North Division 2 final.
4. Think you have a photo that celebrates what Wilmington is all about? Then be sure to upload it to our gallery and it could be chosen as the next Wilmington Patch Facebook cover photo. If you are selected as our winner, you will receive a $50 gift card.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,862 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,218 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!