Five Things You Need to Know Today, November 12
All town offices are closed on Monday in honor of Veterans Day.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Conditions will be close to ideal to start the week in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will rise all the way up to 63° on Monday. There is just a 10 percent chance of rain on the day and skies will be partly cloudy as the week begins.
2. If you've got business to take care of at Town Hall, it'll have to wait until Tuesday. Town offices are closed on Monday in honor of Veterans Day. That includes Town Hall and Wilmington Memorial Library.
3. The North Division 2 finals are slated for Monday, and one Wilmington team will be suiting up in Lynn. The Wilmington girls soccer team outworked Hamilton-Wenham in Saturday's semifinal, earning a 2-0 win. The boys team, on the other hand, had its season end at the hands of North Andover, which knocked out the Wildcats with a 3-0 win.
4. Do you have a news tip or something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? If so all you have to do is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley, and in many cases you can also upload your own information to the site with an announcement or event.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,856 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,204 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!