Five Things You Need to Know Today, Nov. 11
Today is Veterans Day and Wilmington Patch's anniversary.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. It looks like after a rainy Thursday, the weather will cooperate for Veterans Day in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will reach 51° before the day is out. There is a 30 percent chance of rain, with showers possible in the morning.
2. Friday is Veterans Day, so be sure to thank your fellow residents who put their lives on the line to protect our freedom. Wilmington residents will have the chance to do so in person on Friday. The town holds a Veterans Day ceremony at 11 a.m. on Town Common.
3. If you have business to take care of at Town Hall or other town offices, you'll have to wait until Monday. That's because all offices are closed in honor of Veterans Day.
4. In addition to Veterans Day, there is another reason to celebrate on Friday. Today is also the one-year anniversary of Wilmington Patch, which launched on November 11, 2010. Check back at 11:11 a.m. for a list of 11 of the top headlines of the last year.
5. While we're on the subject of Patch's one-year anniversary, we wanted to take a moment to thank YOU, our readers. We would be nowhere without you, and we continue to look for your support, ideas, and continued interest in the site. Have something you want to see on the site? Just e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley with any news tips or thoughts. Thanks for a great first year!