"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. Temperatures will be reasonably warm on Monday, but it'll be a mixed bag to start the week as far as conditions go. According to Weather.com, temperatures will reach 65° during day. Expect a mix of clouds and sun in the morning with a 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon and evening.
2. Wilmington's Board of Selectmen gets back to work this evening to kick off the week. Members gather at Town Hall in Room 9, with the session slated for 7 p.m.
3. There will be a special presentation at the selectmen's meeting in addition to the regular agenda. Representatives from the Wilmington Fire Department will be on hand to receive its second consecutive Liberty Mutual fire safety grant for $10,000.
4. Selectmen aren't the only officials in action Monday. The Historical Commission gathers with a scheduled start time of 7 p.m. The meeting is on the docket with a venue of Wilmignton Town Museum.
5. Flowers will be the topic of the night for a group of local churches. Beginning at 7 p.m. in Villanova Hall, members of St. Thomas and St. Dorothy are invited to meet John Belmonte, owner of Burlington’s A Whole Bunch Flower Market. He will be presenting an evening of flower arranging with his floral pieces will be given out as door prizes. Light refreshments will be served, all free of charge.