Five Things You Need to Know Today, May 31
Wilmington baseball team opens playoffs in Lynn on Thursday.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. It's not officially summer yet, but it'll feel like it today. According to Weather.com, temperatures will rise all the way to 81° on Thursday in Wilmington. There is just a 10 percent chance of rain and skies will be mostly sunny throughout the day.
2. One Wildcat team hopes to extend its season a little further. Wilmington opens the North Division 2 baseball bracket with a 4 p.m. tilt against Lynn Classical on the road in Lynn. Check back with Wilmington Patch on Facebook and Twitter during the game for updates, and see complete coverage on Friday.
3. Teens can embrace their inner artist today at the library. Wilmington Memorial Library hosts Crafty Teens: Book Covers beginning at 2:30 p.m. Participants will have the chance to craft creative and unique book covers during the hands on workshop.
4. Interested in blogging for Wilmington Patch? You can share your thoughts on local issues and anything else on your mind. Just e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley for details on how to write in the Local Voices section of the site.
5. Wilmington Patch's Facebook is on the rise again. We now have 1,331 fans, thanks to an impressive seven new additions today! All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to our Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue our climb towards 2,000!