Five Things You Need to Know Today, March 22
Library holds English History activity on Thursday night.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. If Thursday's conditions look familiar, it's because they'll be nearly identical to Wednesday's. According to Weather.com, temperatures will reach 82° before the day is out. There is a 20 percent chance of rain, and some clouds will pass through Wilmington.
2. Thursday's session at the library promises to be a glorious one. Popular Boston University Professor Arianne Chernock will speak at Wilmington Memorial Library about kingship during the Glorious Revolution, which is also called the Revolution of 1688 –the transition from the Stuart kings to William and Mary, and the Hanoverians. The session begins at 7 p.m.
3. Did you hear what the Bruins had to say about the state champion Wilmington hockey team? Following practice on Tuesday, several members of the Stanley Cup champions congratulated the Wildcats for their recent win over Franklin. See all of the interviews in the video accompanying this article.
4. Time is running out to vote in our latest Best of Patch Readers' Choice poll. So far, Planet Fitness is leading the voting for best place to work out in town. Voting is open until 9 a.m. on Friday, so voice your choice. We'll announce the winner at noon tomorrow.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on Facebook? It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Just log on to our Facebook page and click "Like" and you'll join our following of 1,211 fans. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue our climb towards 2,000!