Five Things You Need to Know Today, March 12
Boys hockey team seeks berth in state championship game tonight against Winthrop.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. Hope you're ready for spring, because it's here by the sight of Monday's weather. According to Weather.com, temperatures will rise all the way to 68° as a stretch of flawless conditions moves into the area. There is a zero percent chance of precipitation and skies will be sunny throughout.
2. Today is the day Wildcat players and fans have been waiting for. Wilmington's boys hockey team skates against Winthrop at 6 p.m. inside Lowell's Tsongas Center in the North Division 2 championship game. The winner will move on to play on the ice of the TD Garden in the state title tilt. Check back with Patch before, during, and after the game for complete coverage.
3. Music will fill the library on Monday to start the week. Beginning at 7 p.m. in Wilmington Memorial Library, Java Ice will perform everything from Madrigals to Mozart to Manhattan Transfer.
4. Children's Theatre Workshop of Wilmington is looking for local talent. The group is holding auditions for the spring production of Narnia, seeking student grades four through eight. Auditions take place at Wilmington United Methodist Church beginning at 3 p.m.
5. Wilmington hockey fans have worked hard this season, and Patch is going to reward them for their efforts. During Monday night's game, we'll be giving away t-shirts to the most passionate fans in attendance. Can't make the game? Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook as we'll bring you up to the minute updates throughout.