Five Things You Need to Know Today, June 3
Have a great Friday, Wilmington!
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. Mother Nature seems to know it's Friday, because today's weather conditions will be pristine. According to Weather.com, the temperature will reach about 72° with sunny skies and a zero percent chance of precipitation during the day.
2. You don't want free food, do you? Of course you do! So head to one of Wilmington's several Dunkin Donuts locations on Friday, which is National Donut Day. Purchase a beverage, and receive a free donut.
3. The Wilmington High School baseball team hopes to pull an upset on the road Friday during the opening round of the North Division 2 postseason. The Wildcats travel to Beverly for a 2:30 p.m. first pitch.
4. Summer and the end of the school year are approaching, and it makes students feel like singing. North Intermediate School fifth graders hold their final concert of the year, beginning at 9:30 a.m.
5. Live Life Fitness holds a ladies night out in support of Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society. Join the group for zumba at 7:15 p.m., a surprise class at 8:30 p.m., or come to enjoy the food & drink. Get a purplehair extension while you're there, the theme color of Relay for Life. A $20 minimum donation is required at the door.