Five Things You Need to Know Today, July 3
Spectacular fireworks display wraps up most of Wilmington's Fourth of July festivities.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. It should be a perfect night for fireworks in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will peak at 84° during the day before dipping down to 65° in the evening hours. Skies will be sunny with a zero percent chance of rain during the day while skies will be partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain at night.
2. The Fourth of July is Wednesday, but the holiday essentially wraps up Tuesday in Wilmington. Tonight is the final full day of Independence Day festivities in town, as the week concludes with the spectacular fireworks display. Grab your seat around Town Common early (though not too early), as the show gets underway at 9:30 p.m.
3. Did you miss the hospital bed race on Monday? Fear not. Wilmington Patch was there for complete coverage, and will provide a complete video recap of all of the excitement. Check back Tuesday at 5 p.m. to see who came out on top of the big race.
4. A pair of meetings are slated for Tuesday in town. According to the town website, the Board of Health gathers in Town Hall, Room 9, at 5:30 p.m., followed by the Planning Board at 7:30 p.m. in the same location.
5. Our Facebook total is on the move again! We now have 1,420 Facebook fan thanks to four new followers over the weekend. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,500 on our way to 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!