Five Things You Need to Know Today, July 23
Boys and girls lacrosse camp opens at Wilmington Middle School.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. Monday's conditions will be a mixed bag to start the week. According to Weather.com, temperatures will hit 84° on the day. There will be sunshine in the area, but there is also a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms throughout the day as well.
2. Wilmington High School opens up its final sports camp on the summer on Monday. The Wildcats host the first day of their boys and girls lacrosse camp at Wilmington Middle School, beginning at 8:30 a.m. The camp runs through Friday.
3. We want you to tell us who is the best of the best in Wilmington! As of Monday morning, voting is open in our 25 polls in Patch's Readers' Choice. Head over to our launching page and follow the links to make your choice in each of our categories. Voting is open through August 17.
4. It's pajama time tonight for young library patrons. Wilmington Memorial Library holds PJ Storytime beginning at 6:45 p.m. for children 2-6 years old. There will be stories, songs, rhymes and more, so bring the kids and have them bring their blankets and teddy bears for a night of family fun.
5. Our social media climb continues. We now have close to 1,457 Facebook fans as our total continues to rise. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington! We're also up to 890 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000!