Five Things You Need to Know Today, January 4
The girls basketball team hosts Stoneham tonight beginning at 7 p.m. while the boys are on the road.
EDITOR'S NOTE: A correction to the original article was made. It was initially written that the boys basketball team was at home and the girls were on the road, but it is the girls team playing at home against Stoneham.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. By comparison to recent days, it'll feel like a sauna on Friday. According to Weather.com, temperatures will spike to a "balmy" 37° on Friday as the weekend arrives. There is a 20 percent chance of precipitation on the day and skies will be a mixture of sunshine and clouds.
2. It's a basketball Friday night in Wilmington and Stoneham. On the road, the Wildcats host a tripleheader against Stoneham with freshmen, JV and varsity boys games at 3:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. respectively. The girls team, meanwhile, takes on the same opponent at home with tip offs at the same times.
3. Tonight is the regular meeting of one group at Villanova Hall. The Saint Thomas Men's Group invites residents to meet to discuss Christian Faith and enjoy coffee and donuts at 7 p.m.
4. Who do you wish was running for office this spring? Several candidates have already pulled papers to run on Election Day, but we want to know your answer to the hypothetical question of what your ideal ballot would look like if anyone in town you chose could run.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,946 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,330 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!