Five Things You Need to Know Today, January 30
Several Wildcat teams are in action during a mild Wednesday in Wilmington.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. It's going to feel an awful lot like spring on Wednesday in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will spike all the way to 56° on the day. There is a 60 percent chance of rain as mostly cloudy skies will turn into showers later in the day. Heavy rain is expected during the evening hours.
2. Several Wilmington teams are in action today. First the wrestling team travels to Minuteman Regional High School for a 5 p.m. match. The JV track teams take part in the JV Championships at 5:15 p.m., the boys hockey team is in Stoneham at 6 p.m. and the girls hockey team finishes the night at 8 p.m. with a road tilt in Stoneham as well.
3. On Tuesday, one Wildcat team boosted its own playoff chances. The Wilmington girls basketball team won its fifth straight tilt after a 2-6 start to the campaign. Jay Keane's charges beat Winchester 45-37. Christa Brent led the way with 13 points while Rachael Mara had 11 markers and 5 steals to pull the team within three wins of the postseason.
4. Do you have a news tip for Wilmington Patch? Then we want to hear from you. All you have to do if there's something you want to see on the site is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley.
5. One milestone down, onto the next! We're now over 2,000 Facebook fans up to 2,009. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help us start pushing towards 3,000. We've also got 1,399 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!