Five Things You Need to Know Today, January 25
Both Wildcat basketball teams return to the hardwood on Friday night.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sick of the cold weather yet? According to Weather.com, temperatures will only be slightly higher to close out the week, rising to 26° on Friday. There will be partly cloudy skies on the day and a 10 percent chance of snow. During the evening hours, temps will sink to 14° while the chance of snow showers rises to 50 percent.
2. It's Friday, which means it's time for some basketball action. The boys team hosts a tripleheader against Arlington with the freshmen, JV and varsity games scheduled for 3:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. The girls team, meanwhile, travels to Arlington and plays the same schedule.
3. Did you miss any school news on Thursday? School Committee member Robert Hayes announced that he won't be running for re-election this spring. We also brought you reaction from the school community on the untimely death of senior Joe Murphy, and also provided a look at Superintendent of Schools Joanne Benton's budget proposal.
4. Do you have a news tip for Wilmington Patch? Then we want to hear from you. All you have to do if there's something you want to see on the site is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley.
5. One milestone down, onto the next! Thanks to a Thursday push, we're now over 2,000 Facebook fans up to 2,007. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help us start pushing towards 3,000. We've also got 1,391 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!