Five Things You Need to Know Today, January 24
The library holds a financial course on a cold and windy Thursday.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. It should be another frigid in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will only hit 21° on Thursday with the weekend approaching. There will be sunny skies on the day and a zero percent chance of snow, but that will be joined by gusting winds. Temperatures will once again drop to single digits during the evening hours.
2. The library's financial series continues on Thursday night. Margo Ranger, a Senior Portfolio Manager at PW Global, will describe the investment climate that forms the determinative backdrop for financial markets, risk analysis, and decision-making during a session at Wilmington Memorial Library at 7 p.m.
3. It's a night off for all Wilmington High School teams. The Wildcats will get back to work on Friday night with basketball triple headers at home and in Arlington.
4. Do you have a news tip for Wilmington Patch? Then we want to hear from you. All you have to do if there's something you want to see on the site is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley.
5. We are within site of a major social media milestone. Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,995 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help push us past 2,000. We've also got 1,388 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!