Five Things You Need to Know Today, January 23
Wilmington's School Committee is scheduled to get back to work on Wednesday night.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. If you like frigid temperatures, you'll be a big fan of today's conditions. According to Weather.com, temperatures soar all the way up to a balmy 16° on Wednesday. Those frigid temperatures come on the heels of an over night wind chill advisory. Skies will be sunny to start the day with a few afternoon clouds. There is a zero percent chance of snow, if you're a glass is half full kind of person.
2. The School Committee is in action once again tonight. Board members will hold their regularly scheduled meeting at 7 p.m. The session is slated to take place inside the Wilmington High School library.
3. Wednesday is a big meet for the local track teams. Both the boys and girls teams are scheduled to take part in the Middlesex League championship meet. The meet is slated to begin at 5 p.m. Also in action is the boys wrestling team, which takes part in a match against Malden at 6 p.m.
4. Snow will be the theme of the day at the library. Wilmington Memorial Library holds a snow story and craft session beginning at 3:45 p.m. during which children will hear stories and make an art project they will be able to take home with them.
5. We are five "Likes" away from a major milestone! Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,995 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help push us past 2,000. We've also got 1,390 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!