Five Things You Need to Know Today, January 2
Wilmington gets back to its regular schedule with town offices and businesses open again after New Year's.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. A frigid 24 hours in Wilmington will continue on Wednesday. According to Weather.com, temperatures will only hit 28° on Wednesday after temperatures hit single digits overnight. There is a zero percent chance of snow on the day as clouds will be mostly sunny with some clouds in the afternoon. Temperatures will again hit 7° during the evening hours.
2. It's back to business on Wednesday in town. After town offices and many businesses were closed at times for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, things are back up and running on Wednesday. There are, however, no meetings scheduled for today.
3. Have you caught up on our end of year stories? In addition to our top photos and top police stories of the year, we selected our People of the Year on Tuesday in addition to our Teachers of the Year. Who do you think will grab the headlines in 2013?
4. Just one library event is scheduled for today. Star Mag meets at 3:45 p.m. inside Wilmington Memorial Library, giving children eight years old and above the chance to drop in and help create the magazine written by, for and about kids.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,944 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,323 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!