Five Things You Need to Know Today, January 16
Girls hockey, Jedi training and more are slated for a wet Wednesday in Wilmington.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. You won't be snowed in, but some winter weather arrived on Wednesday. According to Weather.com, temperatures will peak around 37° on Wednesday while snow showers in the morning mix with rain as the day goes on. There is a 90 percent chance of precipitation on the day.
2. Three Wildcat teams are in action on Wednesday. The boys hockey team travels to take on Belmont at 7 p.m., the wrestling team grapples against Lexington in a road meet at 7 p.m. and the girls hockey team hosts Belmont at 7 p.m. inside Ristuccia Arena.
3. The force will be with young residents tonight. Wilmington Memorial Library holds Star Wars Jedi Knight Training beginning at 7 p.m. This is your chance to interact with a real Jedi Knight. Kids will go through a series of challenges including Jedi Force Magic, the Laser Balloon Barrage and Jedi Teamwork culminating in an epic lightsaber duel with the Jedi Master himself.
4. Did you catch all of our coverage from Monday's Board of Selectmen meeting? The town provided an estimate of the cost increases caused by the high school appeals, Kevin MacDonald was barred from speaking at meetings and a new frozen yogurt shop is coming to town. Check back Wednesday morning for one more story out of Monday's meeting, a look at the North Intermediate School window replacement project.
5. Help us reach our next social media milestone! Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,977 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help push us past 2,000. We've also got 1,375 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!