Five Things You Need to Know Today, January 15
The Board of Health meets tonight, the library holds a study session and several teams are in action on Tuesday.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The temperature begins to dip a bit on Tuesday in town after Monday's spring-like conditions. According to Weather.com, temperatures will settle in at about 40° on Tuesday to go along with partly cloudy skies. There is just a 20 percent chance of precipitation on the day, though some snow may roll in late in the evening hours.
2. A pair of Wilmington boards are in action on Tuesday. First, the Board of Health gathers at 5:30 p.m. inside Town Hall, Room 9. The second meeting of the day is the Board of Library Trustees, which takes place at 7 p.m. inside Wilmington Memorial Library.
3. Multiple Wildcat teams are in action this afternoon and evening. First up, the boys and girls track teams are both in action in a road meet against Wakefield at 4 p.m. The boys and girls basketball teams hit the hardwood against the same opponents. The freshmen, JV and varsity boys teams play at home at 3:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. while the girls play the same schedule on the road.
4. Midterms are coming, and students will have the chance to study and snack all at once. Wilmington Memorial Library holds Teen Cram Night at 6 p.m. Students are encouraged to bring their books and notes to study with classmates. The library will provide pizza, snacks and a venue for a focused study session.
5. Help us reach our next social media milestone! Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,963 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help push us past 2,000. We've also got 1,366 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!