Five Things You Need to Know Today, January 14
A major hockey challenge is set for Monday while the Board of Selectmen is also in action.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The week begins with more mild conditions in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will peak at 55° on Monday as the week gets underway. There is a 50 percent chance of ran on the day as showers are possible to go along with patchy fog early and partly cloudy skies throughout the afternoon.
2. The boys in black and gold are back in town for real on Monday. In the second day of training camp, the Boston Bruins will be practicing at Ristuccia Arena at 10 a.m. on Monday. The Bruins will also be in town on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
3. A jam packed meeting is set for tonight for one board. Wilmington's Board of Selectmen will be discussing and voting on the decision to demolish the high school gymnasium and will also meet with the owner of Pink Melon Frozen Yogurt as they hope to obtain a license for the store. Check back Tuesday for complete coverage of the meeting, which begins at 7 p.m. inside Town Hall, Room 9.
4. One test completed. One major one ahead. The Wilmington boys hockey team defeated defending Division 1 champion Burlington, 3-1, on Saturday. But it doesn't stop there. The Wildcats travel to play defending Super 8 champion Malden Catholic at 6 p.m. on Monday night.
5. Help us reach our next social media milestone! Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,963 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help push us past 2,000. We've also got 1,357 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!