Five Things You Need to Know Today, Feb. 4
MacKenzie the Scottie will be at the library at 5 p.m. for children to read to.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. A mixed bag day is set to open the week in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures only hit 32° as the new week begins. There is just a 10 percent chance of precipitation on the day to go along with partly cloudy skies. It could be a bit windy on Monday as well.
2. Did you miss the big news over the weekend? At about 9:30 a.m. on Saturday it was discovered that three Wilmington churches had been vandalized. The damage, which was done in bright red spray paint, included the word "brainwashing" which has been sprayed on using a stencil.
3. The library is going to the dogs on Monday. MacKenzie the Scottie will be at Wilmington Memorial Library at 5 p.m., giving children the opportunity to practice their reading with no pressure.
4. No Wildcat teams are in action today. Over the weekend, the basketball teams were swept by Stoneham on Friday night while Cam Owens netted the game-winner with just over a minute to play for the boys hockey team on Saturday.
5. Are you following us on social media? We're now over 2,000 Facebook fans up to 2,052. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help us start pushing towards 3,000. We've also got 1,412 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!