Five Things You Need to Know Today, December 27
A busy sports day is on the docket for a wet Thursday in Wilmington.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The current string of winter weather started as snow but by Thursday it should be rain. According to Weather.com, temperatures rise to about 45° on Thursday. A steady rain in the morning will turn into showers in the afternoon. There is a 100 percent chance of precipitation on the day, and it will be windy as well.
2. Wilmington is losing a business in the next few weeks. Staples is closing its doors on January 4 according to a store manager. So what do you want to see come to town? Be sure to let us know in our latest Visions for Vacancies.
3. Its a busy day of sports for Wildcat teams. The girls hockey team plays in Waltham at 10 a.m., the wrestling team hits the mat in the Marshfield Wrestling Tournament at 10 a.m., the boys basketball team hosts Shawsheen Tech in the Knights of Columbus Tournament at 7 p.m. and the girls basketball team plays in the Masconomet Tournament versus Bishop Fenwick at 5:30 p.m.
4. A pig named Babe will be up for discussion on Thursday at the library. In the books to movies film series, Wilmington Memorial Library will screen the movie based on the book by Dick King-Smith Babe. It tells the story of a pig raised by sheepdogs, who learns to herd sheep with a little help from Farmer Hoggett. The movie begins at 10 a.m.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,932 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,312 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!