Five Things You Need to Know Today, December 26
With Santa having left town, things kick back up in Wilmington with several sports teams in action and a snow storm moving in.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Christmas may not have been very white, but the rest of the week may be. According to Weather.com, temperatures rise to about 35° on Thursday to go along with mostly cloudy skies. There is a zero percent chance of precipitation on the day, but as Wednesday turns to nightfall there is a 100 percent chance of snow showers that will turn into a mixture of rain and snow overnight.
2. It's right back to work following Christmas for several Wildcat teams. The boys and girls track teams travel to Watertown for a meeting with Watertown at 9 a.m. The boys hockey team, meanwhile, continues its annual holiday tradition with an appearance in the Haverhill Tournament. The team sqaures off against Masconomet beginning at 5 p.m.
3. Did you miss our police logs to start off the week? First on Monday, a U-Haul truck that was reported stolen was dropped off in Wilmington. Then on Tuesday a foot chase leading to a drug arrest was among the recent entries.
4. We're guessing your family had a great Christmas. Well prove it! You can upload photos and video of your family opening presents directly to our gallery. It's an easy and fun way to share your holiday spirit with your neighbors.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,924 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,310 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!