Five Things You Need to Know Today, December 13
The Special Education Parents Advisory Council meets on Thursday in Wilmington.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunshine aplenty is expected in Wilmington as the weekend approaches. According to Weather.com, temperatures rise to about 42° on Thursday with a zero percent chance of rain on the day. Skies will be mainly sunny throughout with light winds.
2. One local board is in action tonight. Wilmington's Special Education Parents Advisory Council is slated to holds a meeting on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. inside the Wilmington High School library.
3. The 2012-13 hockey season didn't get off to the start the Wildcats were hoping for. Wilmington traveled to Woburn on Wednesday in their season opener and fell, 3-1. Despite the loss, the outlook is bright for the defending champions, who believe they can compete for another state title and maybe more.
4. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,909 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,289 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!
5. Time still remains for you to Deck the House and win big. You could win $100,000 for Wilmington Public Schools if you enter your house in our Deck the House Contest. Your home could be a national winner, or you could have your electric bill paid this holiday season. Do Wilmington proud!