Five Things You Need to Know Today, Dec. 13
A wake will be held today for Officer Shawn Lee.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. Another day, another day of unseasonable temperatures in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will reach 47° before the day is out. There is a zero percent chance of rain on the day, though some clouds in the morning will roll in before sunny skies take over in the afternoon.
2. The wake for Wilmington Police Officer Shawn Lee will be held today. Calling hours are set for 3-9 p.m. at Nichols Funeral Home for Lee, who lost his battle with leukemia late Saturday night. The funeral is scheduled for Wednesday at 10 a.m. at St. Thomas of Villanova with military honors.
3. The parents of elementary school students will be hard at work Tuesday night. The Shawsheen and West Parent Advisory Council meets at Shawsheen Elementary School beginning at 7 p.m.
4. Also in action tonight is the Wilmington Lions Club. The group gathers at Focaccia at 7 p.m. The meal costs $15 and takes place the second Tuesday of every month.
5. If you want to keep up to date with everything Wilmington, there's one great way to do it. The Wilmington Patch Facebook page is up to 1,060 fans, and we want to keep climbing. Just log on to the page and click "Like" and you'll know everything that happens in town.