Five Things You Need to Know Today, August 7
Tuesday night is movie night at Wilmington Memorial Library.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. There will be some clouds in the area, but Tuesday should be a good one in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will settle in at 83° on the day. Skies are likely to be partly cloudy throughout Tuesday, but there is a zero percent chance of ran.
2. A pair of Wilmington boards are in action on Tuesday. First at 5:30 p.m., the Board of Health is slated to hold its regular meeting. Then at 7:30 p.m., the Planning Board holds a session of its own. Both meetings are scheduled to take place in Town Hall, Room 9.
3. Going to the movies is expensive. But not at the library tonight. Wilmington Memorial Library hosts Family Movie Night beginning at 7 p.m. Residents can watch the newly released animated version of Dr. Seuss's The Lorax in air conditioned comfort. Popcorn will be served, and it's all free of cost.
4. Time is running out for you to voice your choice. Selections have been rolling in, and now voting continues to be open in our 25 polls in Patch's Readers' Choice. Head over to our launching page and follow the links to make your choice in each of our categories. Voting is open through August 17 and we'll announce the winners in the days that follow.
5. We keep on climbing towards 2,000! We now have over 1,500 Facebook fans thanks to new additions this week. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. Thanks for your support, Wilmington! We're also up over 900 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000!